What is Listing's Law?
- Donders law states that the orientation of the eye when looking in
a specific direction is always the same.
- Listing's law specifies what this orientation is.
- Note the axes (the bars protruding from the eyes) used to rotate from
center to various eccentric positions.
- Listing found that all these axes are confined to a common plane.
- This plane is called Listing's plane.
Copywrite © 1996 Tutis Vilis and
Department of Physiology
University of Western Ontario
London Ontario Canada
Updated October 31, 1996
Comments welcome. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org