Zhi-Lei Zhang, Ph.D
School of Optometry, UC Berkeley
360 Minor Hall
Tel: (510)-642-7710 (Office)
Email: zhilei_z#berkeley.edu (replace the # with @)
My Research interest
I got my Ph.D in Biomedical Engineering and continued my research in Vision Science
My research has been focused on binocular stereopsis using methods of psychophysics. Some of them involves the spatial and temporal properties of binocular correspondence, especially when there are conficts with minimun absolute disparity
or minimum relative disparity
solution. Further studies focused on the interaction between the eye positional information and the retinal information in stereo perception. These include the influence of eye movement on slant perception
, perisaccadic positional shift
, and perisaccadic stereo
. All of them involves how the eye positional information is used to interpret the retinal information.
- Zhang Z-L, Cantor CR, Schor CM. (2010) Perisaccadic Stereo Depth with Zero Retinal Disparity. Current Biology. 2010 Jul 13;20(13):1176-1181. doi:10.1016/j.cub.2010.04.060
- Zhang Z-L, Cantor CR, Schor CM. (2008) Effects of luminance and saccadic suppression on perisaccadic spatial distortions. Journal of Vision. 2008 Dec 18;8(14):22.1-18.
- Schor, C.M. & Zhang, Z-L. (2005) Spatio-temporal interactions that promote the smoothness constraint for binocular matches. Proceedings of SPIE Vol.5666 Human Vision and Electronic Imaging X. Editor(s): Bernice E. Rogowitz, Thrasyvoulos N. Pappas, Scott J. Daly
- Zhang, Z-L., Cantor C., Ghose, T. & Schor, C.M. (2004) Temporal interactions in stereo-matching solutions. Vision Research, 44(27), 3183-3192.
- Zhang, Z-L., Berends E. & Schor C.M. (2003) Thresholds for stereo-slant discrimination between spatially separated targets are influenced mainly by visual and memory factors but not oculomotor instability. Journal of Vision, Nov 24; 3(11): 710-24.
- Berends, E., Zhang, Z-L. & Schor, C.M. (2003) Eye movements facilitate stereo-slant discrimination when horizontal disparity is noisy. Journal of Vision. Dec 05; 3(11): 780-94.
- Zhang, Z-L., Edwards, M. & Schor C.M. (2001) Spatial interactions minimize disparity differences between adjacent surfaces. Vision Research 41:2995-3007
，我常去的一个中文网站。Just in case that you are interested in learning Chinese language, or its culture, this web site might worthwhile for you to take a look :).